Sunday, February 1, 2009

A response from the Senate

Last week, I received an email from Senator Ann Rest, that indeed she will be introducing a plastic bag recycling bill during the current legislative session. A version of the measure is also on its way to the House. Using the legislative website, we can track the progress of the bill once it has been introduced. When it gets to that point, I'll share links to information here.

Plastic shopping bags are #2 on my “most wanted list,” when it comes to floatable pollution which would be more easily prevented than recovered. (Plastic bottles and fountain cups are #1, and Styrofoam containers are #3.)

Thank you, Senator Rest, and thanks to your colleagues. I hope you’ll let me know if you need photos of spillways which deliver this kind of debris to our waterways.

© 2009 Mike D. Anderson, Crystal, MN.

No comments: